This month, Not For Sale launches our #InnovateForGood campaign. We’ll be celebrating outside-the-box thinkers who are creating solutions for injustice through entrepreneurship, and stories of global impact from innovators in the Not For Sale ecosystem and beyond!
With over 30 million people in the world still enslaved, Not For Sale is paving a new path to end modern day slavery. “We have to expect more of ourselves as social change agents than the traffickers themselves,” co-founder and executive director Mark Wexler says. It is time to provide survivors with the tools they need for control over their futures.
Our impact breakdown is simple. Let’s start with Romania:
We begin with social programming:
- In Western Romania, Not For Sale Romania helps over 800 children from vulnerable backgrounds, some of whom have been trafficked. The goal is to provide intensive direct services and all encompassing support: mental health care, education, shelter, and food.
Next is Research and Development.
- Then, we headed to Timisoara, Romania for research and business development. Our goal is to scale social business and create long-term social sustainability with economic opportunity. Our first idea: beauty salons. We aim to train young women with the necessary skills to implement salons all over vulnerable communities in Romania.
Finally, we create scalable ventures.
- This is the last layer of our impact stack – where we create a Not For Sale enterprise.
- To begin this enterprise, we need to identify two key factors:
- A talented and bright entrepreneur that believes in ethical business
- For-Profit Capital to invest in our Not For Sale enterprise and our entrepreneur
- Learn more by visiting some of our other NFS enterprises: Z Shoes, Rebbl, Dignita
Our system empowers the community in a sustainable way. With our impact stack, we can combine charity and business to end human trafficking. Please share our video to raise awareness on creating impact in a fundamentally different way.
NFS Romania strives to care for the 10,000 child refugees in Europe, protecting and providing for them a place of peace. Romania Not For Sale rehabilitates and repatriates survivors trafficked from dozens of countries. We provide short and long-term housing, extensive medical care and counseling. Visit Romania’s project page for more information.