Overview: Not For Sale is seeking a Director of Digital and E-Revenue to join our dynamic team. We’re looking for someone that can powerfully utilize storytelling to produce a revenue outcome. They will co-create Not For Sale’s brand identity, amplify our message, engage in collaborative messaging with our impact brands, social media audiences, and donors to create financial value.
Working closely with the founders and Chief Operating Officer, the ideal candidate desires to see strategy in action and can execute independently and effectively. Key Performance Metrics will include:
- Donor development: increased gifting and product purchases
- Streamlined brand messaging
- Storytelling in partnership with impact brands
- Growth in audience engagement via the development of marketing materials and messaging
- Tracking and reporting on data analytics for our website, social media, e-newsletters, and donor development
- Social media audience growth and engagement
- Timely and inspirational Impact Reports to bring into focus how we help people around the world
- Public relations and media placements
- Website maintenance as a reflection of the Not For Sale brand
- Brand Strategy and Implementation / Communications (70%)
- Loves communicating about incredible impact programming and is passionate about spreading Not For Sale’s mission to end modern-day slavery.
- Conducting market research to identify new revenue opportunities for Not For Sale and our partners and projects as needed
- Gathering and analyzing consumer behavior data (e.g. web traffic and rankings)
- Produce, edit, and consult on copy for all Not For Sale outlets (social media, web, resources, presentations, blog posts); editing of formal external facing materials (including organizational reporting and limited grant applications and reporting)
- Brand Messaging/Copy – Develop a library of brand messaging and presentations for reference across the company.
- Tailor copywriting and editing based on product, medium, and audience while maintaining organizational voice, including: social media, write and maintain blog posts, include content to be linked to from various email communications media, website, client resources (fundraising and sales), impact reporting
- Maintain brand voice, style, and strategy to execute Not For Sale brand guidelines
- Present drafts and ideas to partners and team members
- Edit or rewrite existing copy as necessary, and submit copy for approval by supervisor
- Coordinate live updates for all mediums by consulting Not For Sale program leads and account managers
- Produce copy as needed for email marketing / fundraising campaigns, social media, blog posts, and web content updates
- Maintains and performs updates to website copy such as staff bio’s as well as working with program and content leads to ensure copy created and uploaded in a timely manner, within proper voice
- Develops production of materials and incorporation of copy with full product and design
- Social Media Management, including:
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Planning / Strategy
- Content sourcing
- Strategy to meet KPIs with Nikki / Shawn
- Strategy to reflect branding with Jill
- Audience analysis
- Competitor analysis
- Line up with marketing calendar and integrate with other initiatives, i.e. campaigns, newsletters, blog, website, events
- Creation of posts, including writing, posting, boosting if needed
- Analytics / Optimization
- Assessing KPIs and progress
- Optimizing strategy
(2) Business Development / Client Service (20%)
- Developing strong relationships with Not For Sale’s impact brands
- Brainstorming and proactively creating value for the impact brands in their partnership with Not For Sale, via storytelling and providing information about Not For Sale projects and impact
- Ensuring trust and care for Not For Sale’s impact brands in developing marketing and communications collateral
(3) Marketing Administration (10%)
- Managing daily administrative tasks to ensure the Marketing department runs smoothly, jumping in “where needed,” the Director of Digital & E-Revenue
- will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer o ensure quality execution of the organization’s strategy.
- Proper organization of the team’s online drive and marketing collateral
- Research on new platforms, tools, market analysis, etc. where needed
- Minimum 5 years experience at a marketing agency, or an in-house marketing team
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Excellent writing skills
- Proven track record of relationship management
- Experience in conducting social media or other online campaigns
- Organized, with an ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Skills & Dispositions:
- You care: You are passionate about the mission of Not For Sale and aspire to create global change.
- You listen: You are a strong listener with a desire to learn and grow.
- You are flexible: You are able to operate at both strategic and action-oriented levels, and both independently and collaboratively in a small team.
- You get things done: You can perform and prioritize multiple tasks in fast-changing circumstances, and are self-motivated to improve your work and create new paths within your role.
- You are humble: You are humble and eager to be part of a team, which means wearing many hats and jumping in where needed. Flexibility and excitement are key!
Skills & Dispositions:
Compensation is commensurate with experience, and highly competitive in the non-profit sector.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to Terra Judge at [email protected]. Writing sample, portfolio, and references welcome.
About Not For Sale: Not For Sale is an international 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based out of San Francisco, California that works to protect people and communities around the world from human trafficking and modern-day slavery. The organization equips and empowers survivors of human trafficking and those at risk of exploitation by providing shelter, healthcare, and legal services; education, job-, and life-skills training; and partners with leading companies and organizations to create long-term employment opportunities for survivors and at-risk communities.
As the food industry increasingly adopts greater health and wellness trends, once wholly unknown categories are now becoming more mainstream. That means Kellogg’s now sells a probiotic cereal and Coca-Cola is potentially contemplating CBD beverages.
Whole Foods, a leading retailer in the healthy foods space, just announced the emerging trends creeping into your shopping cart. Some seem thoroughly expected (faux meat), while others sound rather novel (Pacific Rim flavors). Will these categories fare as well as predicted? In years past, Whole Foods pretty much hit the mark: In 2016, it was “coconut everything” and wellness tonics, while 2017 marked plant-based diets and sparkling water.
Read more about Square Organics here: https://www.fastcompany.com/90269435/whole-foods-just-named-the-top-10-healthy-food-trends-for-2019